You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Insta place

Odayevskiy mill

Google Maps
Add to trip

Odayevskiy mill

the monument of industrial architecture of the XIX century. Sample of a mill factory (industrial enterprise) of Odayevskiy (Sarnivskiy) Mill, which had worked until recently and now it could resume its production if it had a good owner. Built in 1846 by the landlord Mark Sarnetskiy together with Uman merchants. The structure was built on 30 acres of marshland river Odayi. Therefore the mill was flood with water, which was periodically pumped. The dimensions of the building - 42 x 13 meters, half of the building has 3 floors and the rest - 2 floors. Construction material was a high-quality solid brick, while building egg whites were added. The equipment was purchased in Holland 3-ton flywheel, transmission. At first 3 stones moved horses, and later - Austrian locomotives with multiple transmissions. Groundwork, which contained 10 pins to support the engine, survived to the present time. The mill produced high-grade flour. The capacity was 10 tons of grain into flour for a change. One stone could recycle 1 ton of grain per hour middlings. In 1854, Sarni acquired a new landlord Vladimir Charkovskiy. He updated equipment, installed mill rollers, 5 stones, silk screens and others. In the neighboring village Popudni he founded a stud farm as Chumaky were needed to deliver products of the mill at different points. Through Shpola the flour was delivered to Kyiv. During the day, the mill produced 800 balls of flour. With the transfer of current measures 800 balls is about 5.25 tons of flour! the mill gave 100 thousand tons (1 600 tons) of flour a year. In addition, the two-storey part of the building was equipped with an oil mill, which also produced high quality products from sunflower seeds. Successfully worked also a cereal mill. In 1919 the mill together with land plots of the last Sarny landowner Batyanov was nationalized and began to work only in the late 1920s. However, its importance was lost, served only for the needs of the district. With the construction of a 1950 mill of the plant of foodstuffs in the district center, it has become almost inactive. In the first half of 1980's the mill stopped its work. Recovering of its work as well as oil mill and a cereal mill occurred only in Ukraine's independence due to the efforts of the leaders of the village. The equipment worked on electricity. Since 2002, this monument of industrial architecture is again inactive.

Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Monastyryshchenskyi district, Sarny village

48.926490 | 29.932082

Review 0

No review


Forts, castles, palaces

Leskove Palace

Monastyryshchenskyi district, Leskove village

Other architectural attractions

The estate of Drachevskiys'

Monastyryshchenskyi district, Dibrovka village

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Assumption Church (St. John the Divine)

Uman city, 79 Uspenska Street


Museum of writers and artists of Uman district

Uman city, 128 Uspenska Street


Museum-apartment of N.V. Surovtsova

Uman city, 6 Voiniv-Internazionalistiv Street


Museum of culture and life of Uman district

Uman city, 6 Lubovi Provulok

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Church of the Assumption of the Virgin

Uman city, 2 Kolomenska Street

Natural objects and reserves

Sofiivka Park (Arboretum)

Uman city, 55 Sadova Str.


Art museum

Uman city, 2 Kolomenska Street

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Vasylian Monastery

Uman city, 31 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

St. Nicholas Cathedral

Uman city, 39 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Centers of ethno tourism

Tomb of Rabbi Nachman

Uman, 3 Hryhorenka Street

Sign up for newsletters and deals from and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.