Among the unique exhibits a prominent place has a collection of things of Cossack era: pistols, guns of different caliber and size, powder. Curiosities of the museum there is a collection of old books, icons, ethnographic, archaeological and zoological collection. Cherkassy museum of local lore was founded in May 1918 by the initiative of the local branch of public education and the teaching of the city as the initiative of the local association of Prosvita and teachers' community of the city as historical and educational museum named after T.Shevchenko. As departments of Cherkasy regional museum of local lore there are:
- Museum "Kobzar" of T.Shevchenko - Cherkasy city, 37, B. Vyshnevetskogo Str.;
- Chornobay Museum of local lore - urban settlement Chornobay, 22, Cherkaska Str;
- Horodyshche Literary and Memorial Museum of Ivan Le - Horodyshche town;
- Memorial Museum of L.P. Simirenko - Mliyiv city, Horodyshche district;
- Museum of the history of the village Starosillia - Starosillia village,Horodyshche district.
Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street
49.448471 | 32.061031